Tuesday, October 12, 2010

An Apology






For anyone who reads my blog (and truth be told this is only two people), I apologise for the lack of posts lately. I was relaxing on holiday in Hong Kong, one of my favourite cities in Asia. Now, my relaxing is over as I only have three or four months left in Korea. So, I need to get typing speedily and document the most important and riveting aspects of Korean fashion.


For now, above are a few pictures from Hong Kong, a buzzing shopping metropolis with some of the highest retail estate prices in the world. It is a perfect shopping destination, if you can afford a Tiffany's ring or a Cartier watch to compliment that Chanel bag. In Kowloon, the streets are bursting with City Chain stores selling copious amounts of watches and glossy designer stores such as Chanel and Prada. Kowloon does have cheaper options, with Temple Street market selling Chinese traditional dress, spongebob boxers and I heart Hong Kong t-shirts.



It is a very different shopping experience to the cheap but quaint boutiques of Hongdae or the crammed narrow alleys of Myeong dong in Seoul. Yet, Hong Kong has a unique atmosphere, bustling and often chaotic, with tradition and modernity jostling for position. At night, people only pause for a few seconds to take in the stunning skyline, before walking swiftly into the overwhelming neon of Nathan road. It may not have shopping like Seoul but it is a captivating Asian city, with, perhaps, the best skyline in the world. And, after taking in these vivid lights, you can always buy a watch or two.



No comments: